- A small patch that is applied on the skin to protect against unwanted pregnancy.
- A patch is applied once a week, for 3 weeks. No patch is applied on the fourth week to let the a female’s period occur. This is then repeated (3 weeks on, 1 week off).
- 2 hormones (estrogen & progestin) are released slowly & absorbed through the skin.
How does it work ?
- Prevents the ovaries from releasing an egg & makes it more difficult for sperm to be effective.
- Patches work by releasing estrogen & progestogen through the skin.
- Patches require a prescription.
- 99.7% effective in preventing pregnancy when used properly.